Thursday, May 21, 2015

Another for Blogger's Quilt Festival

The more I thought about the quilt hanging over the bed in the guest room, the more I thought, "I should enter this one in the Blogger's Quilt Festival too."

So, I am. This is "Flower Ball," an English paper-pieced design by Geta Grama.

No one has seen this quilt other than the two quilting groups of which I'm a member, and anyone who overnights at my house! And I'm pretty proud of it, if nothing else for the fact that it just goes in the guest room!
The headboard, which I made first, has lettering - "It's another beautiful day" - that's the same Kona Azure as the background of the Flower Ball. The ceiling was painted after the quilt was hung.

English paper-piecing this was futsy because every piece had to be put together in the proper column and row, in number, alphabet, and up or down order.

In less time than I expected, the top was finished. I domestic machine quilted it.





Statistics: Flower Ball
40-1/2" X 40-1/2"
2015 Blogger's Quilt Festival "Small Quilt" category
Sit-down quilted on a Pfaff Grand Quilter
Design: "Flower Ball," an English paper-pieced design by Geta Grama
Fabrics: assorted prints for the "flowers" on a white Painter's Canvas "ball." Background is Kaufman Kona Azure
Batting: Quilter's Dream Orient
Thread: YLI polyester

Linda

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful color palette and quilting outside the flowers and on the azure background! I bet there are many who want to stay in the guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I have voted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful...seems I remember this on Geta's blog...nicely done (as usual!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! Geta's designs are amazing and I love the way you've quilted this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. As soon as I saw it I thought of Geta's designs, so had to click on the link to read more. I love how the roof matches the background fabric, and I love all that quilting on it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is so clever as it gives the illusion of a ball. You have made a fabulous job putting it together with very interesting quilting. It makes a perfect feature in your guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The front is stunning, and I love that you painted the ceiling to match! The quilting is beautiful and really pops on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly is another lovely day at Flourishing Palms!! Very appropriate for your guest room and your quilting is perfect.!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this beautiful gem with us again.....so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great quilt!! Maybe one day I'll get to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember that quilt when you were making it and so nice to see it finished. You did a beautiful job from fabric selections to the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful quilt!!! Amazing quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quilt & quilting~well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great quilt & quilting~well done!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin